I’m Kevin McMahon. Most proud of being called “Dad” by two amazing young ladies. In addition to over 12 years helping others to manage their health, I got serious about taking charge of my own health a few years ago. Through changes in activity, diet and better stress management I am no longer dependent on several medications to lead a normal life. Rest assured my approach aligns with your abilities and current level of effort. Drastic change is not necessary for you to have breakthrough success.
Did you end up here looking for technology and not a personal health coach? More information on my mobile health platform can be found here.
- A Personal Health Coach to thousands of people of all ages and from all walks of life.
- Published author in medical journals and trainer to medical professionals on how to better engage their patients using various tools and techniques I’ve developed over the years.
- Medical Staff for 7 years at Texas Lions Summer Camp for Kids with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Designer and lead investigator on multiple studies supported by competitive federal, state and private foundation grants. Healthy conditions included community engagement, activity, nutrition, cardiovascular, asthma and diabetes.
- Previously contracted with major health plans as a provider of diabetes education programs.
Many doctors refer their patients to me for help between office visits. Stephen Ponder, a leading endocrinologist, has this to say about my role with his patients:
“Kevin McMahon gets the day to day care of diabetes and on so many different cognitive and behavioral levels. He has the diabetes trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills of a Master Endocrinologist honed by years helping others with day to day diabetes management experience.”
The ball started rolling in this direction so many years ago when my younger of two daughters was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. In May 2001 at age 2, her life was changed forever but with the help of her family and a caring team she is living as normal a life as possible. My skills as a personal health coach continue to grow from this experience.